On 2/16/20 10:32 AM, A E wrote:
søn. 16. feb. 2020 kl. 16.18 skrev Chris Laprise <tas...@posteo.net <mailto:tas...@posteo.net>>:

    On 2/15/20 10:20 AM, A E wrote:
     > If it isn’t possible to change the settings of the screensaver that
     > Qubes OS is actually using, then I would like to hear how I can
    either
     > disable or delete it in Qubes ?

    The setting to disable screensaver does work for KDE in dom0. Switching
    to KDE has fixed a number of GUI problems for me.

-- Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net <mailto:tas...@posteo.net>
    https://github.com/tasket
    https://twitter.com/ttaskett
    PGP: BEE2 20C5 356E 764A 73EB  4AB3 1DC4 D106 F07F 1886

Okay, how do I switch to KDE ?

And what are the cons with switching to KDE... ?

I shall probably mention that I’m a Linux and Qubes newbie.

This guide only requires a few steps in the dom0 terminal:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/kde/

Make sure you also do the lightdm->sddm changes because lightdm is where some of the problems originate.

The downsides to KDE are that it uses about 200MB more RAM (IMO, very much worth it) and the Network Manager applet icon appears blank (its still easy to use once you know its there in the systray).