søn. 16. feb. 2020 kl. 23.55 skrev A E <anneeyr...@gmail.com>:

> søn. 16. feb. 2020 kl. 19.01 skrev Chris Laprise <tas...@posteo.net>:
>
>> On 2/16/20 10:32 AM, A E wrote:
>> > søn. 16. feb. 2020 kl. 16.18 skrev Chris Laprise <tas...@posteo.net
>> > <mailto:tas...@posteo.net>>:
>> >
>> >     On 2/15/20 10:20 AM, A E wrote:
>> >      > If it isn’t possible to change the settings of the screensaver
>> that
>> >      > Qubes OS is actually using, then I would like to hear how I can
>> >     either
>> >      > disable or delete it in Qubes ?
>> >
>> >     The setting to disable screensaver does work for KDE in dom0.
>> Switching
>> >     to KDE has fixed a number of GUI problems for me.
>> >
>> >     --
>> >     Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net <mailto:tas...@posteo.net>
>> >     https://github.com/tasket
>> >     https://twitter.com/ttaskett
>> >     PGP: BEE2 20C5 356E 764A 73EB  4AB3 1DC4 D106 F07F 1886
>> >

>> > Okay, how do I switch to KDE ?
>> >
>> > And what are the cons with switching to KDE... ?
>> >
>> > I shall probably mention that I’m a Linux and Qubes newbie.
>>
>> This guide only requires a few steps in the dom0 terminal:
>>
>> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/kde/
>>
>> Make sure you also do the lightdm->sddm changes because lightdm is where
>> some of the problems originate.
>>
>> The downsides to KDE are that it uses about 200MB more RAM (IMO, very
>> much worth it) and the Network Manager applet icon appears blank (its
>> still easy to use once you know its there in the systray).
>>
>> --
>> Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
>> https://github.com/tasket
>> https://twitter.com/ttaskett
>> PGP: BEE2 20C5 356E 764A 73EB  4AB3 1DC4 D106 F07F 1886
>>

> Okay, I have seen here (link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fo45bo1jvZI )
> that new versions of KDE uses less ram than XFCE.
>
> Which version of KDE do you use in Qubes OS ?

I have tried to install KDE in dom0 by using this command:

sudo qubes-dom0-update @kde-desktop-qubes

Then the terminal returned an error on the first line: As far as I remember
(I can only see the last 1.000 lines in the terminal), it returned
something like it couldn’t find or edit a specific xml file.

And then the installation process continued and got completed. I then
restarted the pc, and the only change I can see, is that there appear some
more program icons under Qubes menu -> System Tools.

For example “KDE System Settings”.

So as the desktop environment seems to look almost as before, I guess the
installation haven’t run properly, or am I wrong... ?

But in either case, I would like to know what I should do now.