Well that's the problem indeed, knowing if you are clean from firmware
viruses in the first place. But i don't suspect i have firmware viruses and
i have new pc. It takes a lot of time and money and no one would bother to
infect specific user. I am no one. It could be used in attacks on multi
peoples, or if already some firmware virus existed someone could use it i
guess, i don't really know. Even probability is low. I am just acting
responsibly about this. If i can use Qubes, than why not right. So if i use
Qubes, using ROM optical disk in external mechanic. So i should be
generally safe, (nothing is perfect), even if i got firmware viruses
afterwards ? And do i even have to unplug hard disks than ? I can do that,
if it is potential security risk, i don't bank that often. Although it is
annoying to physically unplug them each time. But i understand you want to
reduce attack surfaces. But if i boot from live CD, not sure if viruses on
hard disks could do anything. And i won't be booting from Windows when live
CD is in and it would be ROM and i'll use external CD mechanic.