On Wed, May 26, 2021, 5:21 PM William Oliver <vend...@billoblog.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2021-05-26 at 15:53 +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> >

> > Office 365 _without_ MS-Windows? Are you kidding? Maybe Microsoft
> > provides it for other platforms, but _why_ would one use the
> > Microsoft
> > product? (I'm using OpenOffice/LibreOffice for years, and it's OK for
> > me)
>
> Normally, I create the presentation in LibreOffice and then take it to
> a place that runs Windows at work and fix the presentation there.  I
> retired from my normal job recently, so I can't do that any more, even
> though I still do presentations.  At the moment, my church is letting
> me use their computers for this, but I don't know that it will go on
> forever.

It may not address your immediate needs but the "Microsoft Nonprofit"
program can provide 10 free Office365 licenses for 10 years to any
qualifying nonprofit organization. If you got your church to qualify then
maybe they will set you up with a license? MS also allows unlimited binary
installs (PC, iOS, Android, etc) for each individuals assigned license plus
some discounts on the Win10 OS you could use as an AppVM. There is also
TechSoup.org which provides discounted software and refurbished hardware to
qualifying nonprofits.

I am also battling with the Office365 products on Qubes. If you want to
have  discussion off line please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I know
about the MS NonProfit  program because I have my own startup 501(c)(3) (
hdri.org) for doing medical research on a long ignored disease that has no
test, no cure, no statistics collected because nobody ever gets diagnosed,
and so currently it will never be funded for any research in humans. Your
dog can be easily tested and cured but you would likely get kicked out of
the clinic or ignored for even suggesting you might have this very same
disease. It's being treated exactly the same as Lyme disease was back on
the 60's. Will they ever learn?

Sorry for the tangential off topic discussion.