>>> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "David L. Mills" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

David> Why do you have 300 sockets bound to an interface with a stateless
David> protocol?  This appears to be a fundamental violation of the
David> stateless paradigm.

Dave, this tells me that Brian is on a machine that has 300 virtual IPs on
it.

This is becoming more and more common - people assign 1 IP per 'service' so
the service can be easily put on an arbitrary machine, or they use several
IPs for the service on different subnets/vlans for network architecture and
security reasons.

--
Harlan Stenn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!