Antonio M. Moreiras wrote:
> So, if I understand, I have to:
>
> 1 - download ftp://time.nist.gov/pub/leap-seconds.3427142400
> 2 - rename the file to ntp.leapseconds and put it in /etc
> 3 - stop and start ntpd
> 4 - verify the warning bits

As Unruh has already mentioned, only if you use the dev version. Otherwise
you should do what is described under the link I've posted earlier.

Maybe you should tell us which version(s) of NTP you are running.

> It should be done at primary servers and the others would get
> automatically the file if using autokey.

Even if they don't use autokey the others would receive the leap second
warning via the leap bits in the standard protocol.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren