David writes:
> Chrony gave a quicker convergence but doesn't seem to have equivalent
> to 'ntpd -q' and I'm converging from many seconds and even with the
> chrony equivalent of burst it takes too long compared to using 'ntpd
> -q' to set time reasonably close.

Use the chronyc "makestep" command to jump the time (makestep is only
available on Linux).

> On Ubuntu I can't get both chrony and ntpd to coexist from package
> manager (conflicting packages).

Use "aptitude download packagename" to download the deb to the current
directory and then use "dpkg --force-conflicts -i filename" to install.
Don't run both daemons at the same time.
--
John Hasler
jhas...@newsguy.com