Uwe Klein wrote:
Terje Mathisen wrote:
David J Taylor wrote:

"John Hasler" <> wrote in message
news:87zl10gw35.fsf...@thumper.dhh.gt.org...

This might be of some interest to some here:
<http://www.cutedigi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4289&osCsid=9ae21b081e2ab66b39df0a026ff471a8>
The pinout diagrams show no PPS pin, and no free/unused pin either.

If the normal/sleep pin could be converted from an input sleep signal
to an output PPS pulse, then it would work, but I don't think that is
likely.
:-(

Terje

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/images/product/sr-92.pdf

looks like sending of the GPZDA sentence is synced to (internal) PPS

ask the manufacturer?

It would still be limited to the resolution of the rs232 clock, i.e. ~1ms, instead of the ~1us we usually get from PPS receivers.

OTOH, for many users 1-3 ms might be just fine, and statistical processing might make it stable at the sub-ms level, but with unknown absolute offset.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>