Danny Mayer a écrit :

Having read through this thread I still haven't found any explanation
for why you are doing this in the first place. Can you say what it is
you are trying to accomplish and why? You can get much better advice if
you tell us this. Otherwise may not need restrict statements at all.

1) I'm trying to impress my girlfriend by typing loads of unnecessary restrict statements in my ntp.conf.

2) I'm desperately trying to get rid of a compulsive obsessional disorder, and I thought this USENET group would be helpful.

3) I'm new to NTP, and after having read through a few tutorials, I'm vaguely thinking about security (like : limiting access to local services), so I thought I asked on this list.

Choose your answer :o)

Cheers from the rainy South of France,

Niki