Hi Mark,

I wasn't following this thread too closely, but I thought I'd reply about the email.

I like using Eudora Open Source Edition. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Eudora_Releases

It has essentially the same UI as the old Eudora for Windows from years ago. It's also multiplatform, and runs on Windows, Mac, Linux. It does quoting; as you can see I quoted you below. Just highlight the text you want to quote and hit reply. If you just hit reply, it quotes the whole original message. You can change settings on how this gets done. You can also have multiple identities and signatures. For example, the address I'm writing from is customized so the list server will accept my email and the signature is customized to the list.

There are a few caveats:

* It's based on the Thunderbird code base. So, don't install it on top of a system with Thunderbird as the settings conflict. * I thought it would do threading, but, I don't use it and I can't find it today in the menus. * It's been at version 1.0 for over a year, so I don't know how much love the project is getting now. However, the old Eudora was very stable and this seems pretty solid as well. It does what I need. * Documentation is a little weak. I think I have a PDF of the old Eudora 5? user manual somewhere, maybe. Keep in mind though that this program and that are not identical and some features of the old Eudora didn't make it into the Open Source edition.

Sincerely,

Ron