ZHOU.Jun wrote:

Yes, because this version is used by our costumers.

Current NTP servers will respond correctly to NTP V3 requests, and can be forced to act as V3 clients.

I have to be  in line with  them.
Another question,in my case, I have two NTP server. NTP1 and NTP2
NTP1 is the server and NTP2 is the client.
Normally, I will trigger leap second from NTP1, then theoretically, NTP2 will
receive leap second.
Then how can i confirm that NTP2 received the leap second from NTP1?

The "rv 0" sub-command of ntpq.

        • R... David J Taylor
        • R... David Lord
        • R... Hahn, Ron
        • R... David J Taylor
        • R... David Lord
        • R... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
        • R... Charles Elliott
        • R... Michael Tatarinov
        • R... David J Taylor
        • R... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
      • Re: [... David Woolley
  • Re: [ntp:quest... David Woolley