I agree with everything that Liam wrote -- right on.

Another point is that if you are looking at morphometric traits, then most
of them are probably highly positively correlated with body size.  In that
case, testing for phylogenetic signal in, say, wing length, is going to be
largely redundant with testing for signal in body mass.  Hence, for your
traits other than body size, you may want to analyze size-corrected values,
as described here:

Blomberg, S. P., T. Garland, Jr., and A. R. Ives. 2003. Testing for
phylogenetic signal in comparative data: behavioral traits are more labile.
Evolution 57:717–745.

Cheers,
Ted

Theodore Garland, Jr., Distinguished Professor

Department of Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology (EEOB)

University of California, Riverside

Riverside, CA 92521

Office Phone:  (951) 827-3524

Facsimile:  (951) 827-4286 (not confidential)

Email:  tgarl...@ucr.edu

http://www.biology.ucr.edu/people/faculty/Garland.html

http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=iSSbrhwAAAAJ

Director, UCR Institute for the Development of
<http://idea.ucr.edu/>Educational
Applications <http://idea.ucr.edu/>

Editor in Chief, *Physiological and Biochemical Zoology
<http://www.press.uchicago.edu/ucp/journals/journal/pbz.html>*

Fail Lab: Episode One

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0msBWyTzU0
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0msBWyTzU0>*