Following on from what Ted just said about size-correction - one can use a
phylogenetic regression (GLS) with the trait of interest as the dependent
variable and size as the independent variable, while simultaneously
estimating lambda. The program BayesTraits can do this (
http://www.evolution.rdg.ac.uk/BayesTraitsV3.0.1/BayesTraitsV3.0.1.html)
and I think the pgls function in the caper R package should be also able to
do this if I recall correctly.

thanks,
Manabu

--