> Take a bigger stab. Post code. Submit pull requests.

It’s on my list of Racket projects to work on! ;)  My recent updates to my
Heroku buildpack and my release of my environment variable manager actually
came out of working with the web server. I’m playing with it, but I haven’t
gotten very far... yet.

To comment on the existing package server, specifically: I’m not yet sure if
it’s possible to build what I want on top of it, but it’s sufficient for 90% of
the functionality. It would be great to have access to that so I don’t have to
reinvent the wheel (which would likely take more time than actually
implementing some of the features on top).

But you’re right. My recurring rants about this have mostly been in hope to get
people worked up about something, but I don’t have much code to show for it at
this point. All in time...