Antonio,

That's weird. With that example, I do see the timings you mentioned, but
if I turn on TR's timing logging, I see that almost all the time is
being spent in pass 1 of the typecheck. I.e., in a different place than
your original example, way earlier in the TR implementation.

That makes me suspect that this new example exhibits a different issue,
which is less likely to be related to the original bug you reported.

Vincent