(Not directly related to Rhombus) Speaking of “how to contribute”, I find
that it is not friendly at all to setup stuff in order to contribute to
Racket core and main distribution. According to
https://blog.racket-lang.org/2017/09/tutorial-contributing-to-racket.html,
if I want to make a change to, say, https://github.com/racket/math, I
should start with:

$ raco pkg update --no-setup --catalog https://pkgs.racket-lang.org math
$ raco pkg update --clone math

The estimated time to run the above two commands is ONE HOUR! The second
command in particular seems to compile every Racket packages (why does it
need to do that?!?) which takes a lot of time.

I really feel turned off by the thought of having to wait for one hour
(with my laptop becoming very hot from CPU usage at 100%, and I can’t
really do other work that has heavy computation during this period). So I
usually skip this step, but that also means I can’t test my PR locally.
Instead, I need to rely on CI to catch any mistake that I made. The obvious
drawback is that it generates a lot of noises to people watching the repo
and some repos don’t even have CI setup…

(In some cases, I can test locally by isolating the changes to a new Racket
program, but that’s not always possible.)

Is it possible to improve this somehow?