I don't know how to get to the mouse wheel events from X11, so I'm not using
that information.  The '+' and '-' keys affect zoom as stated in the man page,
but the arrow controls are also not standards in X11 as far as I know, so I'm
not listening for those.  If you have some insight on how to handle such
events, I can try, but we might confirm first that people use this utility or
have a desire for it.  The controls were designed to mimic those in rholo,
which I and perhaps a handful of others still use.

I don't remember how I light the objects -- I think it tries to use the light
sources, specular and diffuse materials, etc.  You would have to look in the
src/common/rgl* routines.  There are no cast shadows (or interreflections,
obviously).

-Greg