erland;480997 Wrote:
> Is this the XML file you have specified in the parameter:
> Settings -> Plugins -> TrackStat -> Backup/Restore/Clear -> "Backup
> file"
>
> If this is the case I understand why you have problems, because this is
> a iTunes XML file not a backup file from TrackStat. The "Backup file"
> parameter need to contain the full path to a backup file for TrackStat
> when you hit the "Restore from file" button.
>
> If you want to do an import from iTunes using the TrackStat statistics
> importer, you will instead need to setup this here:
> Settings -> Plugins -> Custom Scan -> iTunes Statistics Import

Thanks for the clarification.  Yes, I was just trying to feed TrackStat
the raw XML data from an iTunes Library via the backup/restore
functionality..  I saw some very vague information about how to import
the data into Trackstat that mentioned restoring the data and it's
obvious now that it won't work that way.

As long as I have your attention, maybe you could provide me with just
a bit of guidance.

I have the goal of being able to keep my ratings synch'd between iTunes
and Trackstat running on the Squeezebox Server.

My entire music library is stored on a Windows Home Server via SMB
share.  I play the music and keep it all rated and organized on an iMac
running OS X 10.6.2.

Is there any way for me to share the ratings data between the Mac and
Trackstat running on the Squeezebox Server or would I have to
effectively move my iTunes library completely to the box that Squeeze
Server runs on?

Hopefully this isn't too confusing.  It has long been a source of
frustration for me that I organize all of my music on my iPhone and Mac
but have no easy access to this data when playing my various other
devices, including my several Squeezebox devices.

--
jmpage2