jmpage2;480709 Wrote:

> Looking at it now I see that the server log file is over 1.4TB and
> growing.  All of the messages seem to be complaining about Trackstat
> undefined symbols.

Did you import old TrackStat ratings?
I recently re-setup my server and moved to 7.5.0 and when I let
TrackStat (2.10, I believe) import my old ratings it took down the
server for around 12h (it's a slow server), logged a LOT of stuff and
caused mysql load that was so heavy that I couldn't even connect a
player to the server.

I let it run overnight and now it looks like it calmed down and I'm
back to normal operation.

I remember Erland had some issues with some db change in 7.4 that
caused slow lookups and one proposed solution was to generate an
additional table with hash ids to speed things up and only cause the
slow operation once at startup.
I don't know whether Erland implemented that but this was _my_ suspect
for the cause, I'll see how it will work in the future...

> P.S., I plugged iPeng on my Amazon review, good job, it's
> indispensable!

Thanks :-) Have fun with it.

--
pippin