I've been somewhat frustrated with the Radio's alarm reliability (or
rather, lack thereof).  In about 2 weeks of use, I'd say the alarm has
NOT gone off correctly about 3 or 4 times out of about 10 days.  It
looks like the radio "thinks" it's playing the alarm sound correctly -
it's displaying the "snooze"/"turn off alarm" selection - but no sound
coming out.  I was using a sound from the Sound Effects extra, which I
understand is actually accessed via the mysqueezebox.com.  I will change
my alarm sound to a file on my local server to see if that helps the
reliability.  For information, I'm running against a local Squeezebox
Server running 7.4.2.  I'm also in the US.  I'll report back in a week
or so about how reliable my alarm is.  As I believe the sound effects
are actually intended as a "typical" alarm sound, this seems like a
typical use case, and the lack of alarm reliability is a REAL concern.
I really like the Radio, but this should be a high priority for the Slim
team.

--
tcutting