pfarrell;494027 Wrote:
> bluegaspode wrote:
> > The radio is not reconnecting to MySB if your provider switches your
> IP
> > every night (very common in europe).
>
> A bit OT, but a lot of ISPs switch IP values frequently, even during a
> session. The DHCP protocol has time limits for leases, and the client
> (in this case the Radio) just asks for a new address as the end of the
> lease approaches.

The strange thing is why it is bothering the radio at all.
When the router changes its internet-IP, the radio still keeps its own
local-network IP that was assigned by DHCP.
So my wild guess is, that it's some strange effect on the MySB.com
side.

Who knows - just very depressing.

--
bluegaspode

1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 1xSB-Radio
Server (7.4.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.
Secondary 7.4 Server on Debianized Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL.