I think that the bottom line here is that if the device is supposed to
support WEP then it needs to.  Logitech should be trying to gather data
from him in an attempt to get this working.

Just because it's an old protocol that is easily hacked doesn't mean
that they should only make a 1/2 effort to support it.

For all we know they validated that it worked with one model of router
and it's badly broken with many others.

Knowing what model of router the OP has will go a long way towards them
being able to recreate this in their lab and getting it fixed.

In the interim the options are simple, switch to WPA and strand your
legacy device or turn encryption off.

--
jmpage2