diveganesh;502691 Wrote:
> i've had a squeezebox player hooked up to my stereo for years and i'm
> looking to buy a boombox-like product for my kid's nursery.

I can tell you that a Boom works well in a nursery.  We have one in our
nursery.  Actually, we have a Boom in all of the bedrooms - 3 kids and
the master.

I've never heard a Radio, so I can't comment on how it sounds in
comparison.  Given that it has only one speaker and less power, I would
say the Boom has to sound better.

A nice feature on the Boom is that is adjusts the brightness of the
display based on the ambient light.  At nightime, it dims itself.  This
may be important in a nursery.  I don't think the Radio does this.

The Boom is very stable at this point.  From my reading, it seems that
the Radio is going through some understandable growing pains - something
else to consider.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.3.3, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 30,015 songs, 2,448 albums, 451 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior