Sorry - I just saw, that you are running on MySB.com so you can't
provide server logs.

One more question: what was the actual time you scheduled your alarm ?
05:14:00 ?

MySqueezeBox is sending the events at 05:14:15 -> 05:14:18 ... so if
the alarm is really at 05:14:00, MySB is behind full 15 seconds !
Then it wouldn't be surprising that the fallback alarm gets nervous and
fires (typically it just waits about 10seconds) !

If you look at the logs from this guy:
http://static.orf.at/podcast/oe1/mp3/OE1_journale_100426_fj6.MP3 you
see that the same events are 'just' 0-2 seconds behind the actual alarm
time - which would be the expected timing!

I wonder if all this is MySB.com related ?
If you tried it again then it really is a support-case as with the logs
you can prove that MySB.com is too slow for proper alarms.

On the other hand you could tweak the fallback-timer yourself (until
the next firmware upgrade).
You can change the file
/usr/share/jive/applets/AlarmSnooze/AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua

Near the end you will find the lines

Code:
--------------------

                -- get msecs between now and requested alarm
                -- add 10 secs for fallback timer to bias alarm toward server
wakeup
                local sleepMsecs = self:_deltaMsecs(self.alarmNext + 10);

Make the 10 a 20 in the last line :D

--
bluegaspode

1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 1xSB-Radio
Server (7.4.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.
Secondary 7.4 Server on Debianized Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL.