I solved my alarm, connection, and totally random player stopping
problems in one fell swoop!
I replaced my SBR with a Reciva based radio from Grace Digital.

The alarm works EVERY morning!
Player streams consistently every night until the sleep timer shuts it
off.
No, it doesn't have the same look or feel of the SBR, but it's 100%
USABLE and that, in my opinion, trumps all else.

As for the SBR... it's on my desk in at work where I don't have to
relay on it for anything, like, you know, waking me up. Yes it still
stops playing at random, but now I get my finger exercise re-starting
it rather than flipping it off.

--
JonInAtl