Thanks for your response.  We are using 7.5.0 and we were using the
setting automatic update and suddenly about 1-2 months ago, it stopped
playing most of our music and would just time out.  I know one file we
are trying to play is an mpeg-4.  I have a lot of these files and my
Squeezebox definitely used to play them. If not, I would never have
used this system in the first place.  When I try to play these files it
say Problem: can't open file:... I am using a mac with operating system
10.5.8. I can't think of any more information. Thanks.

--
RoseRedd