I have numerous problems with my SBR Hardware version 5 Firmware version
7.5.1 r8837, but I will describe one which is 100% repeatable, and not
temporarily correctable by rebooting.

I use mysqueezebox.com (I do not run Squeezebox server).

If I am listing to a station, any station, and then power down the
radio by pushing the power button, the radio switches to the clock
display and the audio stop...this is all as it should.  When I
subsequently want to start the radio by pushing the power button, it
appears to resume, but the connection to the radio station is
apparently not retried..if it is it is unsuccessful.  The only way to
get the radio to resume is to manually reselect the station.  This is
most easily done by programming one of the six selection keys to a
desired station.  Upon pushing one of them the radio immediately
reconnects and plays.

If instead I set the timeout, say to 15 minutes, and the alarm clock to
'start' after this, say 10 minutes later, the radio shuts down at 15
minutes as it should, then at the alarm time (in this instance 10
minutes later) the radio restarts, but fails to play.  It behaves, in
other words, exactly as described in the preceding paragraph.

There are other problems, which require rebooting to temporarily fix,
but I should think the simple problem I described above, if others are
experiencing it represent a firmware issue which needs to be resolved.

Can others reproduce the exact problem I am describing?

--
Ron Stordahl