With regard to the radio resuming the station playing at the time it was
turned off:  This seems much to me like a fault as it acts the same way
when using the alarm.  If the radio will not play when the alarm time
is reached then what good is the alarm?  To me it seems like the same
problem as powering down and then up.

As regards firmware updates, I have it it just short of a month with
many problems, ranging from screen freeze to unexpected reboots.

It surprises me that Logitech would actually sell a product with so
many known faults.  If I were in charge I would suspend sales/shipments
until the claimed functionality actually worked.

But that is just me!

--
Ron Stordahl