Mnyb;577793 Wrote:
> Maybe you just got a bad Radio? as it should work especially with DD-wrt
> or Tomato and wrt54gl, this is the most stable router option I ever seen
> ?
>
> what kind of signal strenth does it report ?

It's pretty ugly right now.  The radio is in the bedroom which is
farthest away from the router.  It's probably 30 feet away and below a
loft.  This issue appears regardless of distance, however.  Here are
the current stats from iwconfig:

Code:
--------------------

  eth1      AR6000 802.11g  ESSID:"X"
  Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: XX
  Bit Rate=1 Mb/s   Tx-Power=15 dBm   Sensitivity=0/3
  Retry:on
  Encryption key:off
  Link Quality:9/94  Signal level:-86 dBm  Noise level:-96 dBm
  Tx excessive retries:936  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:1479

I wouldn't mind it so much if it just lost the connection occasionally.
It will lose the connection and be unable to reconnect even when it
shows full bars in the wireless network scan.  It's especially
frustrating when the router is only a few feet away.

I'm considering changing the router's sensitivity range / ack timing,
but it's currently set to 2000 (1000 meters away) which should be way
more than enough.

--
Anger