No surprise here, the very same people feel the urge to contradict
without a single valid point.
Anyway, the Radio's software IS badly designed: that it works it some
local (!) environments for people with lowered expectations doesn't
mean that it meets the typical industry standard (which is pretty low
anyway). A properly designed system/software is robust enough to work
under real-life conditions. For a network application this includes
considering loss of packets, loss of connections etc. The radio's
software is definitely not design in that way. Heck, the darn thing is
not even able to reliably shut itself down. The whole design is the
opposite of robustness and reliability. Several issues indicate that
the developers don't even know the slightest thing about thread safety,
debouncing etc.
It is beyond me how anybody on this planet can really believe that the
software is even acceptable. It's not. If I was in any way involved in
this design and implementation disaster, I couldn't sleep at night.
And about that "this just happens for a few people myth": read the
comments on Amazon. This is NOT the problem of a few people just
because you want to be it that way. And this is not a problem of local
network setup just because you don't see the existing issues.

--
0xdeadbeef