fatfred;596493 Wrote:
> ..... using ICS is that it requires a working internet connection......
> I am thinking that the laptop will need some dhcp server software.....

That I don't know, it might need an internet connection, never tried
using ICS without an internet connection.
If you could use ICS then ICS includes handling of DHCP, it has to.

Maybe try internet searches for "basic ad hoc networks" or something?

My suggestion is to simply buy the cheapest WiGi G capable router out
there (eBay??) and make all of this much simpler to use and setup.  ;)

--
toby10