I upgraded radio's firmware to 7.5.3-r9283  from the first day; and,
like I said, now and then it prompts me with that "upgrade" (downgrade,
in fact). But it's ease to keep pressed the 'home'' button for upgrade
to dissappear :-).
Anyway, I contacted Synology and that is the response:

"Squeezebox is the Logitech product and they could keep the Squeezebox
up to date with the automatic upgrade. But we need to wait for Logitech
release the source code, then it's possible for Synology to make a
packge for NAS to use. There may exist some time shift before the
package of the latest Squeezebox is ready for Synology NAS. We are
contacting Logitech for this purpose. Sorry for any inconvenience. Once
the latest package is ready, we will announce it in our web site.."
So they blame you for not releasing the source code.

--
isr2002