Ok, so I reset the Radio using the menu option and reconfigured the
network settings including encryption key, etc.  The unit continued to
have problems.  I then reset it by unplugging it, turning it off and
then powering it on why holding down the + button.  Not sure if that
reset technique does anything different but after reseting the unit
this way and reconfiguring the network, things have been good for
nearly a week now. Fingers crossed it is good now and there was some
gremlin in the code somwhere. Weird but so far so good.

--
jwagner010