twynne;683508 Wrote:
> I'd contain your excitement if I were you.  I've been down this road
> *many* times... getting the thing working once again for a short while,
> only to find it eventually fails.  I've once again managed to get mine
> working (this time) by installing a second router as an access point to
> which ONLY the Radio is connected.  Seems a lot of grief for one
> device...
>
> To add to the frustration trying to diagnose this most recent problem,
> the Radio (after connecting to the wifi) refused connection to the LMS.
> The Boom sitting right beside me at the time was connected and playing
> fine.
>
> I hopped onto the server to find that LMS pref pane wouldn't open, and
> there were 5 instances of Perl running.  Killed them all and managed to
> get things running again.  What a hassle though!
>
> As an aside, I can't find the options to switch the Radio between local
> and squeezenetwork anywhere in the menu anymore.  Have they been
> fiddling the menus in latest firmware?

Settings > Advanced > Networking > Switch to mysqueezebox.com.  If you
have an IR remote you can press and hold the + button and add this item
to your home menu. I would've thought you could do the same with the +
button on the Radio itself, but I can't on mine!

I've been using my Radio and BTHH3 wirelessly for about 3 months now
with no problems, I think I've won the battle!

--
kidstypike

kidstypike
1xSB3 - 1xDuet (sold) - 1xBoom - 1xRadio - 1xTouch