My 10 year old daughter has a Radio in her room and uses it nearly every
day.  As others have mentioned, she's grown up around Squeezeboxen so
she's fairly familiar with the process.  I have a separate folder in
Favorites for her which I work with her to keep up to date as her
tastes/interests change.  It's interesting (and sometimes a bit sad) to
watch the progression of items coming onto/off of the Favorites.  Some
items are evergreen, others fleeting.  She enjoys Pandora more than
Rhapsody due to the instant variety it offers.

--
ChrisNY