Mnyb wrote:
> Can we actually always assume it is the firmware , there are these kind
> of complaints every fw upgrade or server upgrade ? I do run the beta fw
> and installed almost every one the beta fw to and never had these kind
> of problems .
> If I get wifi problems I've found the problems elsewhere in my wifi
> environment .
>
> I don't think they mess with the wlan part of fw very often ? for
> reference does anyone knows if or when there have been wlan related
> changes in the fw ?

agree. I have two radios (one always wifi, one sometimes wifi) and
through several versions of firmware/LMS nothing has changed regarding
my WIFI performance.  I run both these RADIOS synched to another player
and all works well (streaming internet radio several hours a day and/or
streaming my own FLAC files).

As always, use something like inSSIDer or netstumbler to look at local
WIFI channels being used and choose the channel with lowest number of
other users, etc. Best to use 1, 6, or 11 if possible.  Also do NOT
"hide" your SSID (as this is not security and can cause issues with SB
players).  I also use a fixed IP (true fixed, not reserved) on all my SB
stuff, but I don't think this is necessary....