rich.herbs wrote:
> Maggior, I haven't received my replacement yet, but when I do, I will
> post the results immediately.  It seems too much of a coincidence that
> newer radios don't download the firmware, so I'm afraid that my
> replacement will have the same problem.  On the other hand, the two tech
> supports that I talked to were adamant that there were no changes to the
> Radio and ALL models should downgrade properly, so I'm hoping this is
> not a deliberate change that would lock out those of us who like the
> 7.5x version.

OK, I look forward to your results when you post them.

Based on what I've read here in the past regarding the support people -
I would take it with a grain of salt.  They are sometimes misinformed on
their end.  I don't think it is a conincidence either.  If I have any
luck mucking about with my radio, I'll let everybody here know.