I am not sure that it was just enthusiasts who were dropped here.  I
would say its anyone who had a decent cd collection, or has a living
room stereo and a kitchen/bedroom boombox.

For me this covers nearly everyone!

Sonos, there are a few things apart from the price i did not like when
last i checked.

Wireless only? Limited number of files? No server for central mgmt?

I forget now, however was more than the price.

I still think they have dropped the millions of ppl who match the above
criteria and were ready to go media-less

The touch sold amazingly well with zero marketing!