chill wrote:
> If you've got a Squeezebox remote control, press AND HOLD the left arrow
> when the MySB login screen comes up and it takes you to the home screen,
> from where you can set up your LMS IP address.  I believe there's also a
> way to do this without the remote but I can't recall for sure (swipe
> left?).

If I recall correctly, it should be a left-to-right swipe to exit that
window. The other thing you might try is doing an initial setup at home
or somewhere with unrestricted wi-fi, then bring the unit into the
office. You won't have to go through setup then, just change your
networking in settings->advanced->networking and then go find your local
library.

For the record, I lobbied hard against mysb.com registration/sign-in
during setup. My proposed user experience was to defer any mysb.com
registration or sign-in until trying to access something that required
it (e.g., click on My Apps, and if you don't have mysb.com configured,
present that window at that time). This would have shaved about 85% out
of the time required to do initial setup (or 90+% on Radio and Duet,
where on-device text input was especially frustrating), reduced
time-to-first-music (which I believed was THE key out-of-box-experience
metric to care about), and allowed for the use case of people who either
wanted nothing to do with mysb.com, or couldn't access the internet at
setup time (or at all).

I lost.

Dimmer still, the user experience is even further the wrong direction
with this UE Smart Radio nonsense.

sigh
#!/ben