bklaas wrote:
> Podcasts...they get probably 50% of my listening time at home on my
> squeezeboxes now, and that's even with the general ignorance the device
> has for how to deliver a podcast UI. If squeezebox had both automatic
> and manual bookmarking and quick 30 second rewind/ffwd and a reasonable
> podcast discovery/browse UI (the only service for this, mediafly, did
> not cut it), you could grow the user base for that technology. On-demand
> audio streams of stuff-that-isn't-music is pretty untapped, and the
> demand could be there if someone would just cultivate it.

Yes, by far most of my listening is Podcasts.  Love the bookmarking
ideas; they're sorely needed.  Personally I wouldn't care much about
discovery/browse.  KDF's bookmark plugin gets you part of the way there
but it's not nearly as nice as it could be (automatic bookmarking is key
IMO).  No reason this functionality can't exist in the plugin space but
without any money driving it it'll never be what it could have been.