dkfackler wrote:
> I've tried (on a Mac)
>
> #scp  /Users/"username"/Desktop/baby_7.7.2_r9663.bin
> root@"radioIPaddress": /dev
>
> What am I missing?
>
> What changes should I see in the /dev directory after the file copy?
I'm not sure what instructions you are following -- could you provide a
link?

Just on the face of it, I see three things that are likely to be
problems:
1) you need a real, existing directory in place of "username" (i.e., the
directory where the firmware is located)
2) you need the correct IP address of your Radio in place of
"radioIPaddress"
3) you shouldn't have a space between the colon and /dev

After doing the file copy, the change you should see is the file
baby_7.7.2_r9663.bin in the /dev directory on the Radio.