mherger wrote:
> > i would like to but a smart radio and downgrade it to squeezebox (to
> > link to other sb devices), is it easy and sure to do that? are there
> any
> > issues?
>
> It's selecting a menu item (Settings/Advanced/Migrate), confirm a few
> screens and sit out the installation of the new firmware. Shouldn't take
>
> you more than 5-10 minutes.
>
> --
>
> Michael

If it was only that easy.  I have been trying to convert a UE Smart
Radio to a SB radio for  over three months without success.  Logitech
has sent me three replacements as they suspected hardware problems.  The
latest replacement has also failed to convert.  The trouble ticket has
been open for a month and I am still waiting for a resolution from
Logitech.  Earlier this week, they asked me who is my Internet
provider.

The convertion works for some people, but I have no idea why it won't
work for me.

Paul