jonathan.ibell wrote:
> Maybe Johanna is my doppelganger??!!
>
> No, Spotify was not working on the Radio (but works perfectly via the
> Triode plugin on our two Duets) - I see others have reported the same
> problem, but the solution to that has been...
>
> Now I have managed to find the source of the main problem - ie music on
> Logitech Media Server not playing. Essentially, I didn't have the option
> in the menu to select the "player" (which I thought was strange).
> However, when I rebooted the Radio, holding down the RW key to ensure it
> booted into the Squeeezebox firmware, this menu turned up (but then
> disappears after a while). The "player" menu at this point gave me the
> choice of the Radio, and then to select the library - ueradio.com
> (sorry, don't know correct address as am at work) or "NAS music" (my LMS
> library). The latter option gave me full access to the LMS library and
> the Triode Spotify app, therefore the Radio is now a fully-functioning
> Squeezebox!
>
> I'm confused why the "player" menu disappears each time after initially
> being visible, but at least I know how to get past this.
>
> CAN ANYONE, THOUGH, EXPLAIN WHY THE RADIO BOOTS BACK INTO THE STANDARD
> UE FIRMWARE IF I DON'T HOLD DOWN THE RW BUTTON? IS THIS HOW IT'S
> SUPPOSED TO BE OR IS MINE ACTING UP? IF THE LATTER, IS THERE ANYTHING I
> CAN DO TO SET THE SQUEEZEBOX FIRMWARE AS THE DEFAULT?
>
> Many thanks
> Jonathan

Well, I've had no luck getting to the bottom of this. While it's
generally been working ok (as long as it's not turned off fully, or if
there are issues with my wider Squeezebox setup, which have
unfortunately been frequent this week!), I still wasn't happy with
having what is clearly a unit that's not functioning as it should.

I rang Logitech this morning and their answer is to replace the unit,
which I'm in the middle of arranging with the shop I bought it from.

There's no way that I'm not going to upgrade the replacement to the
Squeezebox firmware, given the ease of integration with our existing
Squeezeboxes and that we're running the Logitech Media Server on a NAS
for that's not supported by the UE software, plus that Spotify works
perfectly (whereas I was getting that common error message when
attempting to play Spotify files via the UE firmware). So, are there any
tips that I should follow when upgrading to hopefully avoid the same
problems I encountered the first time around? Clearly upgrade to the
most recent UE firmware is a given, but can anyone offer any other
advice?

Many thanks...