I'm getting more and more confused.

The router shows wireless and LAN separately.  In fact it shows wireless
2.4 GHz and 5GHz separately but with the same SSID.  I can't see how it
would be possible to turn off b mode.  The router just shows it as I
wrote earlier.  There are no other networks shown on the router,

I tried changing the SSID with strange results.  At first, nothing
happened.  Neither the radio nor the controller saw the network.  The
radio shows other some local networks and continued to show my old SSID
(but with no signal strength - white 'arcs').  However, when I tried to
connect the controller manually, on the third attempt, it found my
network, via my new SSID, recognised it as being registered to me at my
email address, and then said it was connected.  However, it then said it
was 'Scanning for Players'.  That was about 2 hours ago and it still is
scanning.  Meanwhile, the radio has been happily playing radio stations
or My Music from LMS on my PC, but over Ethernet nor wireless.  It can't
find, or connect manually to my wireless network, even with the new
SSID.

When trying to connect manually, I go via Settings > Advanced >
Networking > Choose Network > Connect to Wireless.  But since I did the
full reset on the controller, that had been in start-up mode (Language
first, etc).  Without a network to connect to, I couldn't get past that
to any menus.  Now it has apparently connected, it is stuck scanning for
players.

As an aside, I remembered the Android Squeezebox app, which I had been
using when my Duet player was connected.  That starts but it too cannot
find the radio, so just comes up with a blank screen.

Another little bit of info is that when I connected the radio to
Ethernet, it asked to update software, so I let it.  It's now on
Firmware version 7.7.3-r16676, but it still can't see and won't connect
by wireless.

Geoff