mrw wrote:
> The MaxSampleRate capability is set within Squeezeplay
> audio/decode/decode.c. That collects it from jive_alsa, which sets it as
> part of its initialization, in decode_alsa_backend.c. It is obtained by
> interrogating the ALSA subsystem. Which will have gotten it from the
> kernel driver, I guess. So you could patch jive_alsa to deliver up a
> suitable lie.

Thanks, @mrw. I have patched audio/decode/decode.c to deliver the lie to
lua.

Before that, however, I had network troubles previously unseen on any of
my Radios: After two days on standby the Radio with community firmware
had disappeared from the list of available players in LMS. When I turned
it on by hand WiFi icon was red. Attempting to "repair network" failed
on the first attempt and went to an endless loop on the second. Nothing
short of pulling the plug could stop this. After powering on again the
Radio still had no network. I did another restart using the power button
this time. Still no network connection atfter startup but this time
"repair network" worked.

Unfortunately, rather than collecting the logfile from the Radio when
network connectivity was restored I flashed to stock firmware and then
to my 96kHz-hack build so I have no logfile of the network problems.
They didn't repeat on further reboots so far.

Did problems like these happen to others? I tend to believe this was
just by chance and has nothing to do with the community fimware build.
I'd expect stability to improve with the newer software used in the
community build.