D1eter wrote:
> The SB Radio plays 96kHz material without issue. All I'd like to achieve
> is that the LMS believes (because the Radio announces?) that it can play
> 96kHz material without server side resampling. Can this be done?

I think we’ve had discussion/exploration around this point before.
Advertising as 96kHz capable would also open up 88.2kHz, which, I
recall, didn’t deal with sound effects particularly nicely, possibly
because the ALSA subsystem resamples from 88.2kHz to 48kHz, instead of
44.1kHz.

The MaxSampleRate capability is set within Squeezeplay
audio/decode/decode.c. That collects it from jive_alsa, which sets it as
part of its initialization, in decode_alsa_backend.c. It is obtained by
interrogating the ALSA subsystem. Which will have gotten it from the
kernel driver, I guess. So you could patch jive_alsa to deliver up a
suitable lie.

Maybe there is a way of ‘munging’ the capability setting from within a
lua script. I’ve never tried, let us know if you find out.

Alternatively, perhaps a set of custom convert rules in LMS to match
against an SB Radio. Might that be made to work ? I don’t know. It might
be a bit of a ‘fudge’, but perhaps no more so than ‘fudging’ the
firmware...

Or, revisit the kernel driver if that’s within reach.