KeBul wrote:
> Bob, have you thought about a smart mains plug - search Amazon for smart
> plug, I use Teckin ones for various tasks, they can be configured to
> work automatically on a schedule, work with Alexa if you have an echo or
> via a smartphone app.
>
> A relatively cheap and simple resolution to your need to power cycle
> regularly.
>
> I'm just about to deploy another couple, one to power control a
> SqueezeAMP and one for the power on my newish FreeSat DVR which is
> turning out to be not quite ready for prime time (buggy) and needs a
> regular power cycle to clear the lockups - should save wear and tear on
> the power jack at the back of the unit, I'm tending to pull that as it's
> more accessible than the mains wall wart.
>
> Kev

I've never used smart plugs but oddly enough I did think about using one
today so I'll take a look at the Teckin on Amazon. I have several echos'
so it should be easy.

Many thanks

Bob

2 x Touch
2 x Radio
2 x Boom
1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.92 (from nightlies) on
Windows 10
1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
1 x iMac server running macos Hich Sierra
WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
Behringer DEQ2496