mrw wrote:
> On the community firmware, which uses -wpa_supplicant 2.9-, we have:
> ...Reason outlined here: -wpa_supplicant — 'ifdown' inhibits ability to
> SCAN or REASSOCIATE-
> https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezeos/commit/4bf00d10846a7f2fe629d1d549222523c203cf0b...This
> would not impact 'stock' firmware.
Thanks, that's amazing. Could you please check this alternative, which
may work on your community firmware machine:

wpa_cli reassoc ; ifconfig eth1 down ; ifconfig eth1 up

On the stock firmware, the network continues to work correctly, the
music keeps playing without interruption, but the wireless icon stays
red longer, suggesting that all is not well, which we do not want. The
matter of cooperation with the player requires further investigation,
and it is perhaps time for a community firmware test machine here.