te36 wrote:
> This looks like a possible life saver for my radios, thanks a lot for
> this.
> But i would like to better understand what is really going on:
>
> - What is the root cause for the problem, e.g.: why do the radios loose
> wifi ? and not reconnect. I can not even force the radio to reconnect
> with the menu item of repair network. Just with reboot.

Firstly I also add my thanks to PomDev2.

I have two Squeezebox Radios and for the last few weeks one of them has
been exhibiting this problem. I had initially been suspecting a
developing chip failure for the WiFi chip and had considered either
switching to using Ethernet or buying another used system but the fact I
discovered this thread and solution -and it works- suggests fortunately
this is not the issue.

I am still myself puzzled by the cause. As mentioned I have two
Squeezebox Radio systems in operation and the only one currently showing
this problem is located within feet of an Apple AirPort Extreme. The
unit -not- having a problem is located at the other end of the house as
far as is possible to get from the Apple AirPort Extreme. It definitely
therefore is not range or signal strength and as an old discontinued
Apple WiFi device it has not received recent firmware updates that might
have introduced a problem. It also is not a mesh device nor does it
support WiFi6. So I am perplexed. It could be external interference e.g.
a neighbours system affecting my signal but logically this would have
most impact on the Squeezebox Radio furthest from my AirPort and not the
one in the same room.

If this fix is as seems becoming so important to an increasing number of
users it would be nice to see it built-in to a future community firmware
update.