pfcs49 wrote:
> I've read all of this thread and some others.
> I've spent hours poring over and doing what little I can to get my 4 SB
> radios (two are UE that I think I reverted to SB spec) to work. Thank
> God my two Touches don't have this disease, but the radios are a huge
> part of my diet!
>
> If I leave them off for a period, they won't re-connect.
> I tried with and without the "patch installer" applet to no avail.
> I've reverted one of each to an earlier program.
>
> They just don't fucking work and it's making me crazy and my life
> unmanageable!
> Does Logitech provide ANY support? The's no longer any phone help. It
> "seems"like I forgot a couple passwords (L media server and my
> squeezebox .com) and requests for a reset go unanswered although once I
> did get one after 18 hours that didn't work.
>
> I appeal to the community's generosity to help me on this. I hesitate to
> use any abbreviations because all the one's you use I have to Google to
> have any insight!
> I'm a retired, paralyzed foreign car mechanic and understand electronics
> and just a tiny bit of digital (using a eprom emulator and an editing
> console I was able to find the full load fueling tables in a Digifant
> ECM and fix huge problem with it when modifying a motor, but you folks
> are speaking a different language than this ole fart!)
>
> Some of the radios are recognized on My Squeezebox.com, others on the
> LMS media sever, but the near universal complaint is "there is a problem
> connecting to Julie's (my wife) iMac"
>
> Now I'll wait for a magician :)

I am not a magician, but I will try and help.   I have been frustrated
at times with the Logitech system.  We need to sort what exactly is the
problem, and it not clear.   In case you are not aware, a Radio needs to
connect to a music server which can be 1) Logitech Media Server (LMS)
installed on a computer or 2) My Squeezebox.com (MySB) via the internet.
To connect to the server, the Radio first needs to connect to the
router which can be via wireless or ethernet.  (Sorry if you already
know this, but sometimes people don't.)  Finally, you can switch between
using LMS and MySB.  Under the main menu selecting My Music will cause
the Radio to look for LMS.  There is an option to connect to MySB.

You said, "If I leave them off for a period, they won't re-connect."
The problem could be one, or possibly a combination, of the following:
1) The Radio cannot connect to the router 2) the Radio cannot connect to
MySB 3) Radio cannot connect to LMS on your computer.

The topic of this thread has been a problem with the Radios not
connecting reliably with the router via Wi-Fi.  If you see the red Wi-Fi
symbol, then connecting to the router might be the problem.  Try testing
it with an ethernet connection to see if the problem goes away.  If it
does you might have the interference problem with Wi-Fi6 standard.  (I
have assumed you already checked that the Wi-Fi password is correct.)

If you know how to connect to your router, log-in to see if your Radios
are connected to the local network.  The first step is making sure the
Radios are connected to your network.  If necessary, the second step
will be trying to figure out if there is a problem connecting to LMS or
MySB.

Providing some additional details will also help.  What version of LMS?.
On the Radio go so Settings> Advance Setting> Diagnostics> General
Info.  What firmware version is shown?  Which server do you want to use,
LMS or MySB?

I hope this helps.  Oh, don't destroy the Radios, you can get some money
on e-bay for them! ;)

Paul